Elegance is not about standing out, but being remembered and influencing others, like fashion bloggers and influencers do.
The next few weeks are all about men’s fashion. The London men’s collection is only a few days away, Pitti Uomo is just around the corner and it is less than 2 weeks till Father’s day.
Malée is unisex and not only a firm favourite for the ladies but also for men. Join us as we explore scent and senses with fashion blogger and male influencer Mikolaj of Blue Loafers.
5 minutes in between outfit changes after his 9-5 as a structural engineer and sartorial anecdotes, Mikolaj shares his style must have products, scent preferences and healthy lifestyle routines.
- What’s your favourite scent?
I love the smell of leather, it reminds me of quality shoes and bags.
- What about your favourite beverage?
I am partial to a good cup of freshly brewed Dominican black coffee and love a good herbal tea. Gin and tonic after 6 pm ?
- What is your current beauty routine?
I only use natural beauty products; I moisturise after every shower. I am quite allergy prone so I am very careful about what I put on my skin and even what I eat. I am a loyalist when it comes to my choices in products and stand by what works after years of trying to find the right fit for me.
- What’s your design preference?
I consider myself to be very aesthetically driven, I like simple and minimalist packages with clean lines.
- A scent and emotion?
The scent of freshly brewed coffee reminds me of weekend mornings, when I have a fresh cup of black brewed coffee, relaxed, feet up with a newspaper.
- If you had to describe Verdure…
It is fruity, fresh and reminds me of summer.
- What about your wanderlust?
I would love to go on safari in Africa. Game drives, tracking and spotting wildlife in its natural habitat.
Some of Mikolaj’s favourite items:
- True Style by G. Bruce Boyer, the principles and history of classic menswear.
- Sunglasses are a great accessory, paired with an unlined Italian tie and lightweight wool/silk pocket square. Exquisite Trimmings and Monsieur Fox are my go to places for accessories.
- Malée’s Eau de Perfume.
- A handmade sartorial wallet that holds some cash and cards.
Check out Mikolaj’s sartorial blog here.