Almond oil is not only a skin saver, a great snack and healthy alternative to traditional spreads. Check out our nutrient rich almond butter recipe.
Almond nutrition facts:
- Almonds deliver a massive amount of nutrients
- Almonds are loaded with antioxidants
- Almonds are high in vitamin E, which protects your cell membranes from damage
- Almonds can help control blood sugar
- Magnesium also has benefits for blood pressure levels
- Almonds can lower cholesterol levels
- Almonds prevent harmful oxidation of LDL cholesterol
For a healthy diet:
- Eating almonds reduces hunger, lowering your overall calorie intake
- Almonds are incredibly effective for weight loss
What you need:
What you need to do to make your own almond butter:
- Blend almonds and process continuously for 2 minutes. They should look dry and mealy at this point. Add the oil and salt and continue processing for another 6 to 9 minutes till the mixture starts to look like a paste.
- Add in the honey and cinnamon and pulse. Taste, add more honey, cinnamon, or salt. If you prefer your nut butter on the looser side, add an additional tablespoon of oil, and pulse to combine.
- Empty the contents from the blender into an airtight container and refrigerate. It will keep for up to 4 weeks.